The Government of United Republic of Tanzania has applied for a Credit from International Development Agency (IDA) towards the cost of the Development Corridors Transport Project (DCTP), and intends to apply a portion of these funds to cover eligible payments under the Works Contract for the of Lusahunga – Rusumo Road (92km).
The Works to be executed under the Contract consist of but are not limited to the following:
- Clearing and grubbing,
- Excavation including removal of topsoil,
- Construction of subgrade,
- Earthworks comprised mainly of medium height embankment construction,
- Removal of all existing cross culverts including pipe and box culverts,
- Removal of existing structures,
- Provision of new culverts, with appropriate inlet and outlet features and scour protection works,
- Construction of new bridges,
- Asphalt concrete surfacing of 50mm – SP 12.5,
- 200 mm Asphalt (SP 37.5) road base,
- 125 mm CM +125 mm CM Subbase,
- Road pavement width: 7.0m carriageway with 2.0/1.5m shoulders on either sides
- Provision of bus lay-bays,
TANROADS has invited bids for Rehabilitation of Lusahunga – Rusumo road (92 km). Due to the current situation of COVID-19 pandemic, some prospective bidders will not be able to travel to Tanzania for site visit and attend the respective pre-bid meeting that is concerned with project area. In order to assist such bidders to appreciate the site, the idea of video streaming through the TANROADS website has been prepared so that competitive bids can be prepared for the Project in context.